Wednesday, February 1, 2012

INCONSISTENT

I had signed up for some volunteer work at the end of last year to be done this year. On January 2nd at around 9.30 pm i received a text message stating that i had been cut out of the list that had been selected to do the work. The text went on further to state that my inconsistency in attending training the last year was the reason why i would not join the group.
On normal occasions i take insouciance to a whole new level and let things slide easy but this text bothered me. Being called inconsistent when i had been nothing but that was a tad bit insulting. The mind is a vivid place and i imagined all sorts of things that the text did not say. Maybe something like we do not find the services you render satisfying enough or we have chosen the best and we do not thik you cut the bar or just something better than being called inconsistent. I was hurt because according to my standards when i do something i give it my all. I took offence in not only what the text did say but also what it did not say. I replayed an episode in my head where i would be confronting the leader of the volunteer group in the regard to the above. Maybe he would start by defining his understanding of the word consistency and honestly i saw him struggling, his speech getting slower, avoiding eye contact because he knew he had been unfair to me. The sigh of victory. But i also imagined losing the battle him shutting me out before i even began questioning his judgement and telling me he had the powers to do so and just like a cat that has been rained on i would walk out of his ofice with my tail between my legs. But ey, this is life which brings me to the reason why i wrote this article. After that experience i began to question a lot of things in my life. Did i lie to myself am good at something and other people thought otherwise? I questioned even the existence of this blog. Maybe it is in my head that i can put thoughts into words to make something worth reading.
All i could come up with was one thing ,WE CANNOT ALL BE GREAT IN THE EYES OF EVERYBODY, but what is really the bone of contention to me is in everything we do did we do it to the best of our capability? Did we give it our all and therefore are we the best at the level we are supposed to be at? God never created us as equals we all have a purpose and a level we are supposed to be at and it is at this level that we gauge ourselves and i guess i have been doing alright.

2 comments:

  1. let no one's action discourage you from the path you have taken, for your destiny is not predetermined, but is solely in your own hands.

    ReplyDelete